Friday, May 1, 2009

Core Curriculum

Gee, I neglect this humble blog for a week and everything goes down the toilet. Swine flu - sorry, Influenza A H1N1 - makes a comeback (I recall the last big kerfuffle in the 1970s); Chrysler finally gives up trying to rehab its condition and goes under the bankruptcy knife, raising the spectre of a cascade effect; David Souter, perhaps despondent over my absence, decides to retire from the Supreme Court.

Not only has my blogging suffered for a variety of reasons, but the amount of time I have for website reading has been cut drastically. This has forced me to pick and choose. I still regularly get to The Truth About Cars, James Lileks, Jon Carroll, Dale at Faith In Honest Doubt, Brian and company at Incertus, and 2 Blowhards. The others on my list depend on how much time I have, although I try to rotate them. I can't help but notice a few things about those choices.

- At first glance they don't have a lot in common, but to me they share something important; I simply like reading them. If I only have so much time to read, I want to enjoy it, and I always enjoy those people.

- There's much less hardcore politics. Perhaps I'm just ready for a break from it after the past two years.

- Andrew Sullivan didn't make the cut. This is a result of his strength suddenly becoming a liability. When I had more time his site was great, but there's so much there that it would crowd out others on whom I don't want to scrimp.

Hopefully I will be able to expand my internet repertoire again, but until then those will do nicely.

2 comments:

Dale said...

You honor me, good sir.

I hope you find your way back to what you consider regular web browsing, but if not, I hope it's for having found something more appealing and enriching.

dinoibo said...

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading
Sesli sohbet Sesli chat
Seslisohbet Seslichat
Sesli sohbet siteleri Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli Chat
Sohbet Sesli siteler
Sohbet siteleri Chat siteleri
Sohbet merkezi chat merkezi
Sesli merkezi sesli Sohbet merkezi
Sesli chat merkezi Sohbetmerkezi
Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat
SesliSohbet Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli sohbet siteleri SesliChat
Sesli Sesli siteler
Seslimuhabbet sesli muhabbet
sesli sohbet sesli chat siteleri
sesli sohbet siteleri sesli chat
seslisohbet seslichat
seslikent sesli kent
sesli sohbet sesli sohbet siteleri
sesli chat sesli chat siteleri
seslisohbet seslichat