Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Muslim Beef in Nigeria

Sightings of images of Jesus and the Virgin Mary are regularly reported (although how that works is a bit of a mystery to me, given that no actual images exist for comparison), but this is new.

What looks like the Arabic word for God and the name of the prophet Muhammad were discovered in pieces of beef by a diner in Birnin Kebbi.

"When the writings were discovered there were some Islamic scholars who come and eat here and they all commented that it was a sign to show that Islam is the only true religion for mankind,"

I wonder what those scholars will say when the meat rots, especially if it then spells Elvis. Anyway, it's a big attraction.

Thousands of people have already gone to the restaurant to see them since they were discovered last week.

I'm chalking this up to creative carving in the kitchen, but I'm hopelessly cynical.

1 comment:

Dale said...

It's amazing just how far beneath ridiculous religious believers are willing to tunnel.

I hope there aren't any advanced space aliens watching our species. If so, I'm very embarrassed.