Thursday, May 15, 2008

Will the Honorable Senator Please Put a Sock in It?

John McCain recently said (from Slate):

I will ask Congress to grant me the privilege of coming before both houses to take questions, and address criticism, much the same as the Prime Minister of Great Britain appears regularly before the House of Commons."

I've watched the British Question Time on C-SPAN, and it can be a hoot. I agree with the author that it probably wouldn't be the same here, but it's a neat idea. I do wonder if McCain wouldn't regret this, given his temperamental reputation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love it if the Congress would impose this upon a President, but I guarantee you that McCain would get his ass handed to him if that happened. And Bush would have been reduced to a weeping pile of jelly.