Monday, March 2, 2009

Chef For Hire

While reading an article about cooking goose, I came across this little tidbit.

A professional chef with a great resume that includes restaurants like San Francisco’s late, great Rubicon, Tapawingo in Michigan, and the cover of Food + and Wine magazine, Stuart is currently unaffiliated, choosing instead to travel and cook (with his wife, Nicole, an outstanding baker and pastry chef) for private clients. (my emphasis)

I must say I didn't know there are people who do that for a living. I suppose it's a form of really high-end catering, and another way for wealthy people to show off (look at who I got to cook for us tonight!). I would think that his business is down in these times, although many people who could afford that before probably still can.

No comments: