Thursday, September 4, 2008

Of Course She Can Handle It

Dave Barry lays some concerns to rest.

I don't know about Palin. But I do know this: women in general are WAY better at work/home multi-tasking than -- to pick another gender at random -- men. I base this statement on my wife, who recently was in Beijing, reporting on the Olympics, while I was at home, theoretically getting our 8-year-old daughter ready for third grade. We had several phone calls like this:

MY WIFE (answering her phone while typing a story on an extremely tight deadline in a very loud sports arena): Hello?
ME: Hey, sorry to bother you, but I can't find the...
MY WIFE (typing): It's in the drawer under the kitchen phone.
ME: Ah! Thanks. Also, which...
MY WIFE (typing): Her pink sneakers.
ME: OK, I know you're busy, so I'll let you...
MY WIFE (typing): You have a booger poking out of your right nostril.

So I think it's time for the voters, Republicans and Democrats alike, to set this whole ''Mommy Wars'' issue aside and agree that what qualifies a person to be president of the United States is NOT that person's gender or domestic situation. What qualifies a person to be president of the United States is whether or not that person is my wife.

No comments: